7200 South Station Area
- Should create a major transformation – The plan should identify the key elements needed to transform the area through urban design and land uses.
- The ideal ratio for space specifically designed for humans (as opposed to automobiles) is 25-30 percent.
- The area should feel more connected to the rest of the community.
- Focus on hotels and hospitality – Redevelop old hotels, build new hotels, add restaurants.
- Create a cohesive brand for the area as a regional entry point to the community and a gateway to recreation.
Center Street Station Area
- It’s time to awaken the area and activate it with pedestrian walkways from the surrounding neighborhoods and improve the pedestrian experience across State Street.
- The area should be charming – aesthetically pleasing, classic, livable, and pedestrian friendly with an ideal ratio for space specifically designed for humans (as opposed to automobiles) of 40 percent.
- The plan should encourage transformative development. Identify what is best and be patient to get what we want through market forces.
- More intense uses should focus on State and Center Street with less intensive uses toward the existing neighborhoods.
- Identify the brand of the area and create a strategy that enforces the brand – the brand should focus on the neighborhood and encourage the village feel.